Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Face Plant


Here's the evidence of my face plant from Sunday. A bit bruised, but will hopefully clear up fast. What a ride that was. It was in theSoquel (pronounced "So Cal") Demostration Forest outside of Santa Cruz.

Here's Murphy's (my riding partner that day) description of our ride up the mountain and then down "Sawpit" trail:
"At Soquel we did about 2100 ft of climbing and about 12 miles. Two or three near vertical rock gardens, a couple of 12 foot root chutes, about five ravines, one vert ramp vertical exit over a horizontal root, a couple of near unrideable rock gardens going up, a dozen jumps, fifteen switchbacks, a half dozen slingshot supercross berms, several off camber "s" curves with varying transition rates, I don't know how many drops and one face plant." I get breathless just thinking about it. Black diamond stuff for sure, but the most fun (and fear) I've had on a bike in my life.

I'm still in San Francisco and managed to squeeze in one more ride in Oakland yesterday. An 8 mile loop with one kicker of a "hill". Whew! It was a fire road, which is a lot like a narrow gravel road. It was really bumpy, though, due to the near-two-months of rain they had here in Feb/March. SO, it was a safe, fast ride (except for the climb!), meant for aerobic training. Nice urban trail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home