Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I can't think of any catchy titles right now. Just read it, okay?

This Friday is the beginning of several days of UCI racing. I'm stoked! The big girls are coming back to T-town. It's funny, a couple of months ago the "big girls" (i.e. Liz Reap - Carlson - okay, so 1 big girl) lived in T-town. But now I train with her and it's different that way. And she's great, as a person. Still kicks my a**, though - daily.

I'm not really in a chatting mood, but somehow I feel guilty because Chris and Carrie blog with religious ferver. Hmmmm...........guilt. religion. ..................Hmmmm. Am I on to something? Girls, are you sending me vibes?

Let's see, what happening in my life? I drink too much coffee, train double sessions three times a week, ride every day, work some, drink a beer now and again, sleep as much as possible. Acquaintances are becoming friends. I frequent he perfect bike shop/coffee shop hangout at South Mountain Cycles in Emmaus. I went to the water park for a day. It's just about the perfect life.

The nursing job wasn't turning up much $$. They hadn't called me in three weeks, so I went in and plead my case. Whether is was the tone of desperation or dumb luck, I got some work the next day. I'm thinking about something more permanent in the near future, with regular hours and such. In the best interest of my future patients I went to Borders Books today and bought three intimidatingly thick nursing references. Light reading for the next few months, and hopefully, it'll set me into nursing in the 21st century.

I'm winning races now on Friday nights. I guess that's legitimate cycling blog news, but it makes me uncomfortable (or un*com*for*TE*ble, if you're from the Islands) to talk about it. I got interviewed on Cyclingnews.com. It was pretty awesome except for the way I, apparently, since it was a direct quote, changed tenses three times in the same sentence. I blame it on hypoxia. You can blame it on my education if you like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home